Blood Drive draws students together to help the community

Katie Caccavale

Joshua Aikens, junior, gets ready to get his blood drawn.

Katie Caccavale, Staff Writer

A lot of students are afraid of needles but OHS students bravely take the pain in order to help others at the Blood Drive.

The Blood Drive, which has been taking place for many years, took place on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, during 8:00 am – 12:45 pm in the Auxiliary Gym.

The fundraiser is very important as it helps many people. Raegan Harris,sophomore, is one of the many students involved in running this fundraiser.

“It’s a way for students and staff to get involved and donate for those in need,” Harris said.

Stugo is rolling in more students every year as they make their advertisement very interesting, hooking in many students.

“We advertise all the benefits it has and many students love to volunteer,” Harris said.

Donating blood means many different things to people, but, it all leads back to one reason.

“There’s always a need for blood and just by one of you donating, could mean saving the lives of three people,” said Gavin Moriarty, sophomore.

The Blood Drive is the main way to get blood to hurting people to save lives. They use the blood in many different ways and at many different places.

“It’s [the blood] used in hospitals, clinics, etc and it can literally help save lives,” Moriarty said.