The math department is once again home to Mrs. Arnold

This is Danielle Arnold’s 5th year teaching. Arnold is an OHS math teacher.

Valerie Bond, News Editor

Danielle Arnold, mother of two, wife to one of America’s finest, and OHS teacher, is back for another year.

Arnold, who took a leave of absence this previous school year, is once again a new face on campus this year

Q:How many years have you been teaching?

A: “I have been teaching for five years, plus the one I took off, so 2009-2010 was my first year.”

Q. Why were you gone for a year?

A:”I took the year off to have my second son and be at home with my kids while my husband was deployed to Afghanistan for six months. It was a difficult time, but very worth it to be home raising my children.”

Q. Why did you choose to teach at OHS?

A: “I chose OHS because I grew up in this district and knew it was such a wonderful and beautiful campus. The faculty is great and so supportive, and I love OHS.”

Q. What classes do you teach this year?

A: “I just teach algebra 1-2 this year.”

Q. What is your favorite grade level to teach?

A: “I have had experiences teaching 6-12th grades, some of those experiences were while I was in college, but I really do enjoy freshmen. It’s such an awkward transitional stage into becoming an adult and getting more responsibilities,they’re a fun group.”

Q. Why teach high school rather than a different grade level?

A: “I love high school because the kids are fun and snarky. I enjoy the occasional sarcastic comment! You can’t have as much fun joking around with younger kids. Plus I love algebra! So high school math is the place for me.”

Q. What is your favorite part about teaching?

A: “My favorite part about teaching is making connections with the kiddos. I love feeling like I’m making a difference in someone’s life or knowing I am someone that a student can count on in tough times. I like to share my experiences too and let kids know that they are not alone. Oh, I also love algebra!”

Q. Where did you go to college?

A: “I went to college at the best university in the world. The University of Arizona! Go Cats! Bear down!!”