“A Murder is Announced” comes to campus

Katie Caccavale

(Left to Right) Seniors One Griffin, Olivia Hsu and Aaron Sims, rehearsing for The Little Mermaid.

Katie Caccavale, Staff Writer

New entertainment is coming to campus this spring. As the theater department works on the upcoming senior musical, they are also starting to get ready for the spring play, “A Murder is Announced” by Agatha Christie. The excitement has begun for this upcoming play.

As many people take part in this play, Kristen Chancellor, senior, who is playing Phillipa, gives her insight on this new production.

“This will be my first straight show so it is really giving me an opportunity to break out of my comfort zone and take on a new type of role,” Chancellor said.

Since production hasn’t started yet, Kolin Sanetra, sophomore, who is playing Patrick, gave his prediction of how the play is going to turn out.

“We haven’t started rehearsals yet, but I have a feel that it’s gonna be a great one,” Sanetra said.

The theater department has had a variety of shows and musicals over the years and each one is interesting in many unique ways. Since this is a different play from “The Wedding Singer” and “The Little Mermaid Jr.”,  the show is bound to be a mystery.

“This spring play it’s gonna be exciting, the script is amazing, the play is very intriguing, and enticing,” Sanetra said.

At the moment, the dates for the spring play, “A Murder is Announced,” have not been announced yet. In the meantime, the senior show, “The Little Mermaid Jr.”, is showing Jan 31- Feb 3 at 7:00 pm.