Rolling in with the new Call of Duty: World War II

Poster courtesy of Sledgehammer

Poster courtesy of Sledgehammer

Katie Caccavale, Staff Writer

DISCLAIMER: Call of Duty: World War II is rated M for Mature. You must be 17 years or older, or have the permission of a guardian to play it. The Talon does NOT encourage underage students to obtain the game without permission.

Since October 29, 2003, many gamers have been in love with the series Call of Duty games, and now they have brought a new addition, Call of Duty: World War II. This game can be played on either a Playstation 4, Xbox One, or computer.

Call of Duty has been getting better with the content, visuals, topics, situations, and graphics, looking even more real. SledgeHammer Games and Activision have come a long way from their old video games to their new ones.

When you first start downloading the game, for me on my Xbox one, it took a very long time to download. When I saw I was able to start playing, I then had to wait even longer for the content to download for each category.

To me the downloading process was very long, but worth it when I was able to play. The game and people looked real, to an extent. There are some major differences compared to the recent Call of Duty games single player.

In World War 2 you are given first aid kits which you can hold four of, but in the past games you just get your health back automatically. The weapons are a lot different as they are based off the ones used in the war. However, you are given soldiers around you that you can command who carry ammo, grenades, and first aid kits to provide assistance.

Also, WWII has a new nazi zombies game mode. It starts off like any other zombie game from Call of Duty, there are waves. And everytime you kill a zombie, you gain jolts or points that you can buy or unlock things with.

I have always loved the Call of Duty series, especially the new campaign plots and new maps for the multiplayer/single player games. In the beginning the wait to play made me slightly mad and impatient, but once I saw the intro to the campaign I knew that it was worth the wait. All the ads and trailers had it right, it is a great game. This will definitely be the game that I will be playing over and over again until the next Call of Duty comes out.