Volleyball sets up for a new season

Katie Diab

The girls varsity volleyball team huddles after a game.

Lexi Gass, Staff Writer

Volleyball is sure to serve up some fun at their games this year. They are preparing and ready to dominate this season. 

The Varsity team is bonding and learning to work with each other. The girls have already started to come together and work on communication as well as their volleyball skills.

Kelly Agnew, junior, prepares to block the ball from their opponent.
Katie Diab

“Our coach is making it a big deal this year to have a good strong team bond and to get really close with one another,” said Meagan McCall, a senior on the varsity team.

The constant practices and games allow the girls to build an important bond with each other.

“I think if we have [a bond] on and off the court, it makes for a better team chemistry, and an overall better team, athletically.” McCall said, “We have morning practices every Monday, and then we have team dinners every week.”

The team is preparing to have a great season this year.

Sami Hover, senior, and Kelly Agnew, junior, bumps and sets the ball towards their opponent.
Katie Diab

“I think that our first two games were a little rough, but our coach chose a tough schedule to get us prepared for the rest of the season. So, I’m expecting really great things,” McCall said.

The games are usually on Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting at 4:00. Check out OCVB on twitter to see all the official dates and times for the team.

“I think people should come to the games because it’s a great atmosphere, and volleyball is really fun to watch. You can get into it and it’s really great to cheer on your school. It’s an important part of going to high school,” McCall said.