Track speeds into the next season

Ryan Temple, Online Editor

DSC_0672 (610x1024)

The stampede of thundering footsteps and the groans over Monday workouts are here. That can only mean that the OHS track season has officially kicked off.

John Carpenter, freshman, is new to the team this year but feels confident going into the season.

“I feel that we have a good and accomplished team for all the different events,” Carpenter said. “We will do very well this season.”

Analise Nicholson, junior, is hoping to improve even more in her third year on track.

“One thing that I think our team needs to improve on is that each individual is giving their personal best,” Nicholson said. “Every little bit that someone can contribute can make a big difference in the team results.”

Jaewon Song, junior, is also new to the team but enjoys the challenge thanks to his fellow students and coaches.

“The team is really kind for track this season and they’re really supportive,” Song said. “The coaches are all willing to help the students.”

While being on track is plenty of hard work, the runners have a lot to look forward to this season.

“There’s an upcoming meet in California,” Nicholson said. “It would be an awesome experience to have for my high school running career and being able to race with the best is always exhilarating.”

Song has not had much time on the team quite yet but knows that it is a good fit for him thus far.

“Although this is my first year of track it is intensive and entertaining at the same time,” Song said.